Russell Ruminations

Tuesday 27 February 2007

Friends

As someone (thank you Mrs. Wibbs!) so kindly reminded me, a post on here is long overdue.

Today I have spent a lovely morning with an old friend. I have quite a few friends (yes - really!!) but there is something very special indeed about Carolyn. We don't see each other very often despite living in close proximity. Carolyn has been my friend for 14 years and in the last year I have seen her only once. We have the sort of friendship that doesn't mind if we don't see each other for ages...when we do get together its wonderful.

I love just sitting and being with Carolyn. She oozes God's grace and wisdom. I love talking with her and learning from her. When I sit with Carolyn, I feel as though I am in God's presence. She is the wisest woman I know...truly gracious and incredibly gentle and patient. We've been through a lot together and I always am reminded of just how far God has brought me when we get together.

So..to you all, I pray that you will have a "carolyn" in your life. Someone who teaches you more about God (despite your age), someone who is wise and gracious, someone who never reminds you of your failings but always encourages you.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home