Russell Ruminations

Thursday 8 February 2007

Going on a Journey

I'm going on a journey. I don't know how long it will take, and I don't know the route; but I am going on a journey. I don't need to take many resources because I am relying on God to give me everything that I need. I'm packing my bible and I'm setting off now.

Its incredible to think that you would start out on a journey and not know what route you are going to take, but that's what it is like when we are walking with God. Sometimes it's easy to think that we are in control and then "zap" God comes and shows you without a doubt that he is at the steering wheel. Take this week for instance, God has come and zapped me without a doubt and turned the steering wheel into a direction I'm not sure I want to go. And yet, having surrendered all, I have no choice but to be go with Him. I don't know what the route will be like, there will no doubt be bumps and turns, and sharp bends, a few inclines and maybe some steep downhills, but I know that with determination I will reach my destination.

I know that God won't speed. He will take things at the correct pace and He won't steer off the road. Difficult journey as it may well be, I AM trusting in God to get me to the place I need to be. I AM rejoicing because he has chosen me to take the journey with Him.

Cryptic....maybe. But God knows!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • ...Grateful to have been invited on this journey with you...
    And just remember: you may get travel sickness, but the destination will make it all worth while!
    xxx

    By Blogger MammaMayMiller, At 14 February 2007 at 19:05  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home